Monday, May 26, 2014

Summer time seems to equate to baby time.  And as I've said before, every baby needs its very own baby blanket, made just for him/her.

This one was for one of my son's teachers.  He selected the fabric by himself - can you tell it was a baby boy?  And this is a new pattern that I hadn't done before.  The tutorial is by Diary of a Quilter over at Shannon Fabrics.  It is a little tricky in that your measurements have to be perfectly exact to make it come out without any little puckers.  I do love the super soft cuddle fabric in the middle of soft soft flannel.  I know it looks like the cuddle fabric (green) is small, but it really does take up the majority of the center of the quilt.

This is a great baby blanket and I will be using this pattern a lot in the future.

We also needed a blanket for a little girl.  Why is it that you can never go wrong with pink?  And we "pinked" this one out.  This is my go-to ric rac blanket pattern.  I've made lots and lots of these and they are so quick and easy . . . . and they turn out so darn cute!

For some reason the options for baby girl flannels are limited right now - at least at my favorite baby flannel fabric shop.  This was a quick choice just to get me out of the store, but when I got it home, I really really loved it.  And you can't go wrong with pink polka dots!  All in all, another winner, in my humble opinion.

post signature

No comments: