One of my really good friend's daughter got married a few weeks ago. Years ago, when her kids were still little, I made her family some Christmas stockings. As she added to her family, I added new stockings for each one.
As her kids have gotten older and gotten married, I've made stockings as part of their wedding presents.
Her oldest son's stockings are here.
So when I found out her oldest daughter was getting married, I started on the hunt for some new appliqued stocking patterns. I'm surprised by the lack of patterns around that matched what I wanted.
I ended up making soft muslin stockings with a red velvet cuff with white pom pom's hanging from the cuff. I've had the stockings made for weeks. But I was literally paralyzed by the appliques. I looked, and thought, and searched, and pondered. I couldn't decide what to do. I had lots of ideas but I wasn't in love with any of them.
Finally - I was out of time. I had to do something. I found these basic patterns and tweaked them to be similar to each other.
I decided to do initials this time - which I've never done before. But I was worried about crushing the velvet with the iron. I actually quite like them this way.
On the Santa, I used a jingle bell for the tip of the hat, and some small red beads on the tree.
And for the angel, there are some tiny red seed beads on the crown.
I think they turned out pretty darn cute.
I have some other similar applique patterns by the same designer for future stocking needs.
I hope they love them!