Sunday, June 8, 2014

Two-Tone Tote Bag

Every trip I make to Hobby Lobby seems to include a walk past the fabric section - am I the only one that happens to?  This fabric had been calling my name for a few trips . . . and on the last trip, the sale sign was up.  So - the bolts jumped in my cart, got cut, and walked themselves out of the store with me.

I knew they would end up in some sort of tote bag.  And I had been "needing" a new, smaller tote bag for church.  So I perused the web and decided on my own version of a two-tone tote bag from Make It Love It.  I used this duck cloth and some fancy burlap ribbon, all from Hobby Lobby.  I made the handles longer and the bag a little smaller than the instructions.

The cute chevron fabric in orange and gray just really, really grabbed my attention.

I added some functional and much needed pockets to the lining.  I also made sure to include some fusible fleece to help with the thickness of the bag.

And look at this cute sequin/burlap ribbon I added on.  The flower was one from my stash and I added in a little rhinestone in the center for just a touch of sparkle.

I used it today and it was absolutely perfect!  Another bag that is just what I needed!

post signature

No comments: