Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Racetrack Car Carriers

So - I created a path between the boxes to get to my sewing machine yesterday and it felt soooooo good to actually be creative. These racetrack car carriers are oh-so-easy to make. Even free-handing the racetracks ended up not causing me too much grief. Here are my finished products:
Son #1 requested the figure 8 racetrack.
Son #2 seems very happy with the oval racetrack.
Here they are all wrapped up. I know I've said it before . . . . . and I'll say it again, and again, and again . . . . sewing projects really are all about the fabric! Goodness knows I have plenty of scraps to do a little project like these, but really, how can you pass up a trip to the fabric store to find just the perfect car fabric for something new? BTW - I followed the tutorial on Creation Corner's blog (see the post below) and these were incredibly easy and fast to whip up. The boys love them! Make one for the "boy" in your life!

My project today is going to be cleaning and re-organizing the craft room/computer room to make room for some of the stuff in those boxes that husband brought home. I think I'd rather be crafting!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

They turned out so cute!! I could agree more about a reason to buy fun fabric :) Love your choices. Glad your boys are having a lot of fun with them.