Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Favorite Buttermilk Syrup

Don't let the name fool you - Buttermilk Syrup is the yummiest thing you will ever make to go along with pancakes, french toast, etc for breakfast. I love Buttermilk but my husband doesn't - and even he loves this recipe. In fact, I might as well not even serve a breakfast requiring syrup if I don't have any of this homemade delight on hand. You won't even know that there is Buttermilk in it! Try it - I guarantee you'll like it!
Buttermilk Syrup
1 1/2 cups Sugar
3/4 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup Butter
2 T Corn Syrup
1 t Baking Soda
2 t Vanilla
Combine the first five ingredients in a large saucepan (it will boil up and make a mess if you don't use a very large pan!). Bring to a boil; boil for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Enjoy!

No comments: