Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ric Rac Baby Blanket

I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . . sewing projects are ALWAYS about the fabric! I found this great tutorial the other night over on Sew Much Ado (http://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/2009/05/ric-rac-receiving-blanket-tutorial.html) and just had to find the perfect fabric and make one. So I snuck out of the house . . . with a child in tow so I guess it wasn't really sneaking . . . and headed over to one of my favorite fabric stores that has the most amazing selection of flannel.
And here is what I ended up with!
I love the non-traditional girl fabric. This will have to find a new home with some new baby girl really soon.

Sew Much Ado's tutorial is really easy to follow - no need for me to do a new tutorial at all. Check her's out and make one of your own. All in all this took me about an hour. Love it!

2 comments:

Sew Much Ado said...

So cute! I love the fabric too. And the orange ric rac was perfect! Thanks so much for letting me know about it :).

I'd love it if you added it to the Sew Much Ado Flickr group, here's the link if you'd like!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1275633@N25/

Deco Mesh Wholesale Distributors said...

nice creativity and using good color combination. Orange rick rack is perfect match for this fabric.