Sunday, August 25, 2013

Nectarine Raspberry Freezer Jam

It's been more than a few years since I did any kind of canning or preserving.  But oh how I love this time of year when everything is being harvested and tastes so yummy. 
 
I had seen this recipe a few months ago and filed it away for just this occasion.  This occasion turned out to be a timely stop at a local farmer's market.  Not only did I find some perfect nectarines and raspberries straight from the fields, I also ran in to a very old student of mine from many years ago who selected and sold these luscious bits of fruit to me.  (Makes me feel older than the "29" years that I am - and I continue to hold at "29" for the foreseeable future!)
 
The boys and I got out the food processor and the sieve and whipped up a double batch of Nectarine Raspberry Freezer Jam.  Here is my final product from breakfast this morning.

And since I'm no food blogger or food photographer, I'll use the picture from the site that inspired all this yummy goodness - Simple Bites.  Click on over for the full recipe - super quick, super easy, and really no fail.  I even added slightly less sugar than the recipe called for (and then read the Pectin instructions that said "Don't skimp on the sugar or your jam might not set up correctly" - - - but I live dangerously and it came out perfectly!) 
Source: Simple Bites
 
We've got a few pints in our freezer for the future, and shared a few pints with some friends. 
Hum - I'm dreaming of toast and this jam right this minute.

post signature

No comments: