Sunday, January 20, 2013

Prepping for Valentine's Day

So I know my family and friends are going to see this and just shake their heads! 
 
I really do have a lot going on over the next few weeks and I wanted to get a head start on the boy's Valentines for school.  We did some web surfing to get some great ideas for cool boy Valentines and they each chose something they loved.  I spent some time yesterday getting all the supplies together and we finished them up tonight. 
 
So - YES - we're all done and ready for Valentine's Day!  And you know what - I'm not embarrassed!
 
Here's the information on what we did:
 
Son #1 choose these adorable "LOVE BUG" valentines.  Dandee Designs created these and so graciously shared them on her blog.  I absolutely love these - and I am not a big bug fan!  Tan card stock, a printer, glue dots, and some cute Toob insects are all you need.  They were super fast and a huge hit with the boys.

Son #2 wanted to give away Pop Rocks.  Actually, truth be told, he probably was most interested in having some Pop Rocks for himself.  Regardless, he choose these "YOU ROCK" valentines.  The Fickle Pickle created these and we printed them out.  Then we glued them to some fancy card stock (mat sized) and stapled on the Pop Rocks.  Hint - you can buy a package of 3 Pop Rocks at the Dollar Store.  

I love the blog world and I love people who are so creative and are so willing to share ideas and free printables.  My life has been made so much easier!  And now we're ready for Valentine's Day!  And that feels great!
post signature

No comments: