Sunday, September 30, 2012

Girly Tool Belt - Aprons

I happen to work with a national organization that holds a big education conference every two years - and our next conference is coming up in a couple of weeks.  One of the fun activities we do at the conference is have a big raffle for items attendees donate along with some big technology items and all of the money raised goes to student scholarships.  When we are out in the crowds selling tickets, we like to wear aprons with lots of pockets to stuff money and ticket stubs in.  We usually just run to Home Depot and buy a handful of aprons - they work and they're easy.  But I knew I could do cuter - if I just sat down and made it happen. 

During a quick run to one of my trusty local fabric stores, I happened upon this great pattern by Vanilla House Designs for "Girly Tool Belts".  I've been on the hunt for fabric and finally just decided to visit another of my favorite local fabric shops and bought up a bunch of coordinating fabric - I love it when they just have it all stacked up in coordinating bolts and fat quarters so I don't have to think about it.  In fact, I just assumed it was all from the same line, but when I got everything home and starting cutting into it I realized they had lots of different fabric lines all put together.  Love it when stores make it easy for me!

There were three different variations on the aprons and I have lots of people to help, so I just kept cutting until I had used up pretty much all of the fabric I bought.

 I ended up with six aprons - three of each variation.  Look at those lovely gray, blue, and yellow fabrics.  I seem to have a thing for gray mixed with various colors lately. 

And here they are:



Each one has three pockets in the front - perfect for holding lots of stuff.  And I think I have to say that this one is my most favorite.  Love the mix of fabrics!  They were soooooooo easy to make - quick and easy to follow instructions.

post signature

No comments: