Sunday, July 8, 2012

More Ric Rack Baby Blankets

Well more new cousin babies are on their way and as always that calls for some new baby blankets.  I decided to resort to one of my favorites - - - the ric rack receiving blankets with the tutorial from Sew Much Ado.  It's a classic . . . it's easy and quick . . . and they sure are cute. 

This one uses two Riley Blake Peak Hour flannel fabrics that I absolutely love.  I may or may not have a whole pile of this line in cotton just waiting to become a couple of pieced quilts.  Such a perfect boy print - and sometimes those can be hard to come by.  I think I may have to stash away another couple of yards of flannels for just these occasions in the future. 

And this one uses another couple of prints from Riley Blake.  Love the camping/outdoor theme. 

Both of these blankets are now with the soon-to-be parents.  I have at least one more that I can't wait to see finished - think cowboys. 
post signature

No comments: