Sunday, August 7, 2011

2 of my 3 Favorite Things - Dessert Recipe

OH MY!!! One of the blogs that I follow regularly posted this dessert recipe a few days ago. It had two of my three most favorite dessert items in it . . . so I had to try it. Kierste over at Brown Paper Packages shared a recipe (originally from the Food Network) for Chocolate Caramel Bars. Of course anything with both chocolate and caramel in it has to be good (just add in some marshmallow and then you've got me, hands down!).

I made it this afternoon . . . . and it was a little slice of heaven. Go check out the recipe HERE. Super yummy. My only recommendations - decrease the amount of butter in the graham cracker crust (maybe 1 stick of butter instead of 1 1/2 sticks). Also, substitute milk chocolate chips in place of the semi-sweet chips (personal preference). All in all - incredibly yummy. Oh, let me also say that even without a candy thermometer, the caramel was surprisingly easy. Just follow the time guideline and you'll be fine. Um Um Good! I'll be making this again, and again, and probably again - - - after I get my bike out and go for a few really long rides after eating my share of this.

post signature

No comments: