Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bags and Clutches

It doesn't take much to make me happy when it comes to some quality time spent crafting. Even a little bag or clutch makes me smile.
I used some of the scraps I had leftover from my last quilt and sewed up another gathered clutch using Noodlehead's tutorial. So easy and cute!
I even got brave this time and made two pockets to go on the inside lining. I need to go to Walmart or Joann's and stock up on zippers now. Everyone I know will be getting one of these for their birthdays over the next few months. Hum . . . that plan might just call for another quick trip to one of my favorite fabric stores, just so I have a variety of colors to give away.
Whether I'm really qualified or not (and believe me, I'm definitely NOT qualified!), I have taken the "opportunity" to cut my boys' hair instead of paying to have someone else do it. (All the haircutting budget dollars go to my hair - somehow that seems fair.) We finally broke down and bought a really nice set of clippers last month and I wanted to make a bag to hold the clippers, and all the other accessories that go with them. I found this great tutorial over at Skip to my Lou and after looking all over for oilcloth that doesn't have pictures of fruit (for tablecloths I'm assuming) I finally procured all the supplies to make this cute Boxy Bag.
I used some heavy home dec fabric that I found at Joann's and ordered in some plain black oilcloth. The bag was incredibly easy to make and it fits all my supplies . . . . it all makes me feel very professional - as if I actually knew what I was doing when it comes to cutting hair. I guess cutting hair is just like parenting . . . . I make it up as I go along!

No comments: