Sunday, January 2, 2011

Moose Crossing & Jewel Basin Wall Hangings

A few years ago I took a class at a local quilt shop and made this lovely McKenna Ryan designed quilted wall hanging. This is Moose Crossing and it's been hanging in my family room since then. I love looking at it!
Soon afterwards, I bought more of her patterns (she has a quilt shop in WA and still designs incredible outdoorsy type quilts) and made another - Jewel Basin. This one hung in my family room too until I took it down to replace it with a Tom Mangelson photograph of the Tetons in Wyoming. This got rolled up and stored . . . and I always felt badly that it wasn't being displayed. Well it finally has a home - son #1's bedroom. We just redid his bedroom - moving him up to a twin sized log bed with bear bedding. This now proudly hangs on his wall above the log bed and he loves it almost as much as I do. I might have to make another now!

No comments: