Friday, September 17, 2010

Coral Pink Sand Dunes / Tropic Reservoir / Bryce NP

One of the things that I enjoy about my job is the traveling. I definitely don't enjoy being away from home so much - I miss my family terribly while I'm gone. And I always feel incredibly guilty about leaving my husband home alone to take care of two young boys by himself. He's one-of-a-kind to put up with being a single dad so often! But I do love seeing parts of my state, country, and the world that I wouldn't otherwise get to see. I try to take every chance I get to really get out and experience the area - where ever I go. I "had to" (got to) go to Southern Utah this week to Kanab and Bryce Valley. I've driven this route a few times before and always found fun places to stop and visit. This time I decided to stop at the Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park - I only had a few minutes but I drove in and what to my wondrous eyes did appear? Real pink sand dunes in the middle of nowhere. It was a beautiful day!
After day #2 - a day full of meetings, I had the chance to hop a 4-wheeler and head out for a trail ride. We went out to Tropic Reservoir. It was a great ride - a little dusty but definitely worth it! Despite my nasty sinus infection and super sore sinuses, I'm glad I didn't miss this ride.
And on my way back home I couldn't resist a quick stop in Red Canyon to snap this picture. This certainly is a beautiful part of my state!

No comments: