Saturday, September 12, 2015

Another UFO - Life in the Tetons Wallhanging

This is another project that son #2 has been waiting and waiting for me to finish.  I got this pattern and kit on a trip up to Jackson, WY a few years ago.  I worked on it . . . little by little by little.  I had everything done but the quilting and binding and finally over the recent holiday weekend I decided to just sit myself down and get it finished.  
For some reason, machine quilting scares me!  I hunted around for a chalk marker to measure and outline some sort of quilting pattern and then, when I couldn't find the marker, I just sat down and whipped it out.  And it turned out great.  Sometimes I just over think, I guess.

Anyway, here is the finished wallhanging.  It is a pattern called "Life in the Tetons" by SMG Quilts.  

Here is a close up.  The appliqué is very detailed and cutting it all out was tedious - but it was well worth it.  It is actually one giant piece - connected to itself. The details are wonderful.  The background fabric is perfect.  

Now we're just waiting for the quilt hanger we want to order to come back in stock.  Son #2 is very excited to have something to put on his bedroom wall.  
And another long unfinished project finally completed.  That does feel good!
post signature

No comments: