Monday, January 7, 2013

A Winter Quiet Book

 It's no secret that I'm addicted to Quiet Books!  I've made a big custom one for my boys (see my side bar) and then made five smaller themed quiet books as well.   This is my newest one - Winter Wonder. 
 
And because I feel like it, I'm going to get on my soap box about quiet books for a second.  They need to be interactive - - not just cute to look at!  This one is slightly more interactive than the last few that I've made.  My boys are getting a little old for these simple themed ones, but they still LOVE their big book like crazy!  I'm too lazy busy to come up with my own patterns, but I sure wish those wonderful people who do offer up their patterns would make them more interactive.  I'll take what I can get though - I'm done complaining providing feedback for now.
 
I have a few patterns and kits set aside that I just haven't made time to get to, even though they are pretty basic.  I didn't want them to go unmade.  So I broke this Winter  Wonder kit open and ta da - a new book.  Sorry - the pictures are horrible - in the house at night, lots of white and a camera flash.  But the book is cute!  And son #1 did enjoy it for about 5 minutes at church today. 
 
The pattern and kit are from Shelley Wallace and you can find her Etsy shop here.  I find her patterns easy to follow and her kits are adorable.
 
 Here's the front cover.
 
 
 Button a snowflake.
See if the mitten fits.
 
 
 Lace up the ice skate.
Put some marshmallows in the hot cocoa.
 
 
Build a snowman - all the parts and pieces are inside the little blue pocket on the right hand page.  Son #1 gave this page his stamp of approval today.
 
And the back cover.

By the way . . . . I'll be attending a local QBA meeting this week if anyone wants to join me. 
QBA = Quiet Books Anonymous.

post signature

No comments: